A question was posed online recently, asking people to give reasons why they were proud to be Nigerians... some of the responses cracked me up:
1. Nigerians are good people: friendly, warm and helpful (the helpful part is actually not a plus because it encourages laziness)
2. Nigeria is dynamic
3. Nigeria is rich in lovely culture and traditions
4. Nigeria will always give you a reason to laugh even if it gives you 10 reasons to cry
5. Its only in Nigeria people are suffering and smiling
6. In Nigeria anything can happen, you can be a Millionaire overnite without any trace of pre-success.
7. The people are patient
8. We are intelligent, sharp, and smart.9. Nigerians like to *get sense instead of Wisdom. We like make our eye open than civilisation (bruhahahaha)
10. Its a place where I can walk around without fearing that one gun-slinging retard might come out from nowhere and start spraying bullets. (That's true)
11. Culture and priceless values.
Mennnnh... I had a swell time today celebrating the Independence day at the Eleko beach. I had fun o jare... Nigeria good or e no good, one thing is certain, her citizens are Independent people...we practically do everything for ourselves, supply our own light, water, we survive without good roads, without proper health care, without good jobs etc...so yes, I love my country ooo, cos I am one of those hard-working citizens. So Happy Independence Day to me and all the hard working citizens of this great country.... one day one day Nigeria as a country will be truly Independent... In Jesus Name!!!
So tell me three (3) things you love about being Nigerian.