The reason for this post is to highlight the advantages of marrying early. All my female readers, especially those below the age of 26, kindly take note
1. No heeediot will indirectly tell you that you are aging like milk
2. No family member will abuse you saying 'your shakara too much, you never really ready to settle yet' all because you refused to date a man without a job one aunt is trying to match make you with
3. Your single status will not be the prayer point in every family function
4. You will not be at the office from 6:30am till 8:30pm because there is no one to go home to
5. You will not be doing character check every time you have a smart retort for some nonsense some man has spewed from his mouth all in the name of 'be polite, you never know if he is the one'
6. You will not be abused for uploading pictures of yourself by friends and family who point it out to you that your married friends upload pictures of their family members while you are busy posing on your dp alone
7. You will not go home after a hard day's work to a cold and empty house with no one to share the experience of your day with
8. You will not mentally count your remaining eggs after every monthly flow... *coughs*
9. You will not be the one in the family they tell 'my daughter will soon be too big to be your little bride ooo'
10. You will not be the one people greet every time they see you with a hand shake and words of 'this year is your year, we will come and eat your rice'
The list is endless, but ladies... let me share one more thing with you. If you start dating a guy hoping it will melt into marriage all well and good, if you are 25 and under. But for those above this age and are facing serious pressure from friends and family and from movies gan, and you really are ready to enter into the beautiful world of marriage, you don't have time for such 'either or' games where you are testing waters. Simple question to ask after the fifth date is this: ARE YOU THE ONE WE ARE WAITING FOR OR SHOULD WE EXPECT ANOTHER?
You know more advantages of marrying early in Nigeria? Please share with us
Happy Weekend :)